Sunday, September 25, 2011

Autumn mushrooms






After 20 years of concrete and pollution, I'm probably a little overzealous about nature right now.  I remember when I first arrived in NYC, I couldn't stop looking at the architecture, the people, the signs, the food, I was fascinated by all of it.  I couldn't understand how anyone could just walk by with their head down, not noticing the crazy, wonderful stuff going on all around them.

That is how I now feel about my new home in Connecticut.  There are things here I haven't seen or thought about in years.  Mushrooms, for example!  I'd forgotten how many varieties there are, and was surprised that they seem to grow on everything in the Autumn.  Every now and then it's good to take a step back and look from a new perspective.


No comments:

Post a Comment