Wednesday, September 11, 2013

12 years





It hardly seems possible that 12 years have gone by already.  Up until now I haven't even been able to look at the pictures taken from my rooftop in Forest Hills on that bright, blue day.  I stood with a few neighbors, watching the destruction in absolute incomprehension.  Looking at the pictures now, I see the frame by frame destruction my naive ideology, my way of life, at that time. 

I went to a memorial service in my new town last night and the message was hope and peace instead of war and retaliation.  12 years has brought us a long way from where it all began, and yet the pain of it all is still fresh.  Here's hoping the next 12 years brings us that much closer to peace, understanding, tolerance and acceptance.

No comments:

Post a Comment